Pregnancy is the art of creating new life. But, in many ways, your life is also becoming new. Physical and emotional changes that start in the early days of pregnancy through the postpartum period and beyond, you are transforming yourself. You are become a mom– and we thought it was time for this to be honored, recognized and supported.
We created The mother’s guide to becoming a mother with the mission to offer the best wisdom and knowledge possible through a guide based on an expert mom. It starts with never telling yourself what you “should” do, but rather empowering yourself to experience your own pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum journey.
What does the mother’s guide contain to become a mother?
With beautifully illustrated images, factual information and insights from 16 expert contributors, The mother’s guide to becoming a mother is a comprehensive (but not intimidating) guide for women during the preconception through postpartum phase and beyond.
- Become pregnant—Plan, conceive, fertility issues, and find the provider and delivery strategy that’s right for you
- Pregnancy month by month—How to understand, nourish and support your own body and your baby’s health throughout your pregnancy
- To give birth– everything you need to feel empowered and prepared through the four stages of work
- The “fourth quarter”– help you heal, manage your experience and thrive in the super important and often overlooked postpartum period
- Tests and complications– no scare tactics, no intimidation; just good, well-documented information on the best ways to prevent and prepare for challenges
- Partners, friends and family—Our top tips for your entire support team
- The many faces of mom—Adoption, surrogacy, foster care and the great variety of motherhood experiences
- Answers to the most common questions moms have questions about finances, maternity leave, baby gear, family relationships, nutrition, fitness and more
Reviews on The mother’s guide to becoming a mother
By staying true to our goal of creating the pregnancy book we wish we had, we’ve created a guide that resonates with expecting and new parents around the world. Since the release of The mother’s guide to becoming a mother, we heard comments from hundreds of people. Here is a sample of what they said …
“It’s a beautiful book! I wanted a pregnancy book with a nice tone and that’s it. It speaks to all types of pregnancy situations and makes the reader feel like he’s doing everything right, this which is important when everything is very new information. I felt safe reading it. Some pregnancy books are very critical and have a harsh tone, but this one is friendly and encouraging. The illustrations are also very beautiful! ” —Becca
“The book does more than walk you through the pregnancy and childbirth process – it’s an essential guide and a cheerleader every step of the way. I loved the familiar tone but not patronizing or cloying, and it pretty much covers everything that is pending or watching, you might want to know more. ”—Amanda
“Truly one of the best books on pregnancy and motherhood. I bought as a mum for the second time and wish I had it with my first one too. Love the fourth trimester chapters and qu ‘it is not filled with worries and scenarios. Wonderful approach to the complete journey of mind, body and soul during pregnancy and postpartum. ” —Ashley
“This is a refreshing, energizing and compassionate read! Even after having two babies, I found new pearls of wisdom in this book.”
“I’ve read every book I can get my hands on on pregnancy, labor and delivery, and newborn care. This is by far the most comprehensive guide I’ve ever seen. It starts with getting pregnant (making the decision, how to conceive, dealing with infertility and loss) and throughout the 4th trimester. Very reassuring tone. It’s like talking to an experienced friend. If you only get that just one book on pregnancy, grab this one! ” —Katherine
“My friend gave me this book and I ended up getting rid of everything else. It was the only book that comforted me to read instead of a to-do and worry list. He emphasizes the importance of mom. He points out that whatever decision you make if you do it with love is the right decision, a very important concept when there are so many decisions to be made during pregnancy and after. I just bought this for my other friend too, I hope it will alleviate her anxieties as much as mine. “—Marie
At Motherly, it is truly our honor to help support, empower and celebrate mothers every step of the way. With The Motehrly guide to becoming a mom, we hope you will feel all the confidence you deserve.