Happy Sunday, Three Villages! Here’s everything you need to know to start the day right. Here’s everything you need to know today at Three Village.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy, a little rain; Benign. High: 49 Low: 28.
Here are the top 4 stories of today in Three Village:
- Judith Greiman was named Person of the Year for her tireless work at Stony Brook University. Judith Greiman, Stony Brook University employee, is commended for her decision-making and her relationship with government agencies that work in tandem with the university. Greiman also has the best interests of the university, the community, and the students at heart whenever she makes a decision. His colleagues are in awe of his dedication to the job. (TBRNEWS)
- Many workers on Long Island saw their paychecks go up this week.
The minimum wage in Nassau and Suffolk will rise to $ 15 an hour for all workers. This is the latest increase under a multi-year plan that has seen the minimum wage in the city climb to $ 15 an hour in 2018. North of Westchester, the minimum wage will rise to $ 13.20. (News12)
- The Suffolk County Police Department issued a postponement of the arrest on December 31. A criminal charge is only a charge and does not indicate a conviction. Click on the link to access the details of the Suffolk arrest report. (Room)
- Stony Brook’s men’s basketball team delighted their fans with a great win on December 29. The team defeated Farmingdale State 87-57 in front of 1,824 fans at the Island Federal Arena to complete the non-conference program. (TBRNEWS)
Today at Trois Villages:
- PARP Clinton kicks off – Comsewogue school district. (January 3)
- Candy Cane Body Scrub KIT (Comsewogue). (Jan. 3)
- IN LINE Helping children cope and thrive during Covid-19 (Comsewogue). (January 5)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Do you like the daily life of the three villages? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
That’s all for today. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow with another update!
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.