Happy Monday, neighbors! Let all of you know what’s going on locally to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Windy and much colder. High: 32, low: 24.
Here are the top 4 stories of today in Three Village:
- Stony Brook Hospital Changes Visiting Policy Due To COVID-19. The new policy went into effect Tuesday at Stony Brook University, SB Southampton and SB Eastern LI Hospitals. Visitors are not allowed in the emergency department at SB Southampton Hospital. support persons are still authorized for patients in labor and delivery, as well as for pediatric patients. Use the link to access the full guidelines. (Room)
- Three Village Chamber of Commerce to Host Webinar for Small Business Owners. On January 19, at 1 p.m., village traders will have the opportunity to learn how to avoid bank scams. Speakers include John McGregor of the Island Federal Credit Union and Nicole Sarno of Sterling Bank. The meeting will be done via zoom. Click on the ling for more information. (Three Villages Chamber of Commerce)
- News nearby: A man has been arrested for stabbing a woman in western Babylon. Kisjonne Campbell-Anderson, 24, faces second degree murder charges for stabbing Michaelle Jaccis, 21, to death last Saturday. They became involved in an argument outside Micaelle’s home when the crime took place. She was taken to a local hospital but was pronounced dead. (Journal / Subscription required)
- Stony Brook doctor encourages practices to improve mental health. Taking care of your body will go a long way in improving a person’s mental health. In these trying times, SBU’s Dr Adam Gonzalez gives advice on how to keep a healthy body and mind. “Practicing mindfulness and relaxation strategies to help slow our mind down and be more present in the moment and really enjoy life and do things that are important to us, helps improve not only the body but our health. mental. ” Dr Gonzales said. (News 12 Bronx)
today Three Village Daily is presented to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Setauket Fire Brigade: “Happy New Year. Congratulations to our new chiefs, officers and new commissioner. Good luck and be careful.” (Facebook)
- “More than 85,000 people tested positive for the coronavirus statewide on the last day of 2021, an increase of more than 10% from the day before,” New York Governor Kathy Hochul said on Saturday.
Hochul reported in a statement that positive COVID-19 test results reached 85,476 on Friday, along with 88 additional deaths. “(News 12 Bronx)
- Port Jefferson Fire Department: “Just after midnight, Port Jefferson firefighters responded to a motor vehicle crash at the corner of Myrtle Ave and Belle Terre Rd. The impact caused a small fire in the engine compartment which was handled by Engine 2 , while the vehicle was secured by Rescue 7. The driver was treated and transported to the local hospital by Port Jefferson EMS. In 2021, PJFD responded to 471 alarms. We are proud to serve the village of Port Jefferson for 135 years. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- No homework on Tuesday – Comsewogue school district. (January 4)
- Take Out & Make: Snowman Cake Pops (Comsewogue). (Jan. 5)
- ONLINE Helping children cope and thrive during Covid-19 (Comsewogue). (Jan. 5)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Do you like the daily life of the three villages? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Monday. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update!
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.