Rise and shine, Three Villages! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Thursday.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A little sun, then clouds. High: 39, low: 32.
Here are the 4 best stories from Three Village today:
- Three Village Emma S. Clark Memorial Library Offerings Individual consultation on health insurance by telephone appointment. The HIICAP health insurance information counseling and assistance program is delivered by retired seniors who volunteer as counselors. They will meet with residents by phone to help them with Medicare health insurance information and forms. Appointments are available Wednesday January 19 or February 16 from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm Those interested in making an appointment with a HIICAP volunteer should contact Nanette Feder at the Emma Clark Library at Nanette@emmaclark.org or call 631.941. 4080, ext. 116. (Emma Clark Library)
- Historic All Souls Church in Stony Brook Hosts His Second Saturday Poetry. On January 8 from 11 a.m. to noon, the program will be via Zoom. Readings will be moderated by Suffolk County Poet Laureate Richard Bronson and Featured Poet Vicki Iorio. An open reading will allow participants to read their own poems. Everyone is welcome. For more information, please call 631-655-7798 or go to: https://www.allsouls-stonybrook.org/. (TBRNEWS)
- Three students from the village elementary school made the “shining stars”. Fifth-graders at Minnesauke Primary School have started a project that includes the whole school. They transformed the school hallway into a bright, peaceful sky adorned with dots of light, each reflecting how the students shine brightest. Students received and decorated paper stars with words describing how they shine or can shine the most. (Three Villages School District)
- News nearby: More Long Island schools are switching to distance learning. Long Beach, Lynbrook and Baldwin walked away after COVID-19 cases were confirmed among students and teachers.
On Tuesday, January 4, schools in Glen Cove and Brentwood began discussing a plan to transition to distance education, with other districts potentially following suit as authorities monitor the spread of the virus. (Daily voice)
today Three Village Daily is offered to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Nunzi’s of Farmingdale, which opened last month, receives rave reviews from foodies for its Italian flair at the above items with delicious pizza and pasta added. (Rutherford Daily Voice)
- SBU Office of Enterprise Risk Management: “I had the pleasure of taking the oath and officially announcing the new Stony Brook UPD Assistant Vice President for Campus Security and Chief of Police, Dawn Smallwood! Dawn has been with us for over a year as Deputy Patrol Leader. (Facebook)
- Stony Brook University: Top Stories from 2021: “From the 10 in-person launch ceremonies from May to the final of the historic Governors Island Center for Climate Solutions, 2021 for Stony Brook University was great! ” (Facebook)
- LISFA Secondary Repetitions – Port Jefferson School District. (January 7)
- TAKE AND DO: Candy Bark (Comsewogue). (Jan. 8)
- Defensive driving Comsewogue Public Library. (January 8)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the daily life of the three villages? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Thursday! I’ll catch up with you early tomorrow morning with a new update.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.