Hello, Port Jefferson! Catch up with each other to start this day on an informed note. These are the most important things happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Periods of rain. High: 47 Low: 40.
Here are the 4 best stories in Port Jefferson today:
- Police are offering a cash reward to track down the woman who stole packages from a porch in Stony Brook. Detectives released a photo of the porch hacker. Police said the woman stole boxes from a house in Stony Brook Road on Sunday evening at around 8 p.m. Anyone with information is urged to contact the police. (News 12 Westchester)
- St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson, used for children’s occupational therapy, received a special donation of 45 teddy bears for patient children. For much of the COVID-19 era, staff members had to refuse physical donations, but they made an exception. The hospital administration wanted to see these bears work. (Newspaper)
- Brian Barton, owner of TEB North Country Car Care at Stony Brook Village Center, and more than a dozen staff and family members led a food drive that made 250 Thanksgiving dinners possible.. The garage collected donations from community members including canned vegetables, turkeys and more. Fifteen people joined to help assemble 60 boxes and then on November 25 delivered them to the homes of cancer patients and veterans from Plainview to Greenport. (tbrnewsmedia.com)
- Two people were stabbed Thursday at a residence in Deer Park. One of the victims died and the surviving victim was hospitalized with serious injuries. Police have not confirmed whether a suspect is in custody and the crime is being investigated. (Newspaper)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Christmas dinner at a fixed price– The Danford restaurant. (6 p.m.)
- Meditations to Heal Yourself and Others– Kadampa meditation center. (10h)
From my notebook:
- Take a look at the patch schedule to find out what’s going on. This weekend’s events in the Port Jefferson area. (Port Jefferson Crest)
- “Have you had enough of the great Americano or the great Caramel Macchiato?” There are plenty of other options for Long Islanders and we took a drive! Click on the link to see a special guide to coffee. “(Greater Long Island)
- “Are you looking to expand the market? Find out what the newest homes in and around Port Jefferson have to offer. “(Port Jefferson Patch)
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “Get ready to create a winter wonderland in a beautiful shadow box!” ” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Port Jefferson Daily? Here are all the ways to get more involved:
That’s all for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.