Hello, residents of Port Jefferson! Debora Whitehead here with a brand new Port Jefferson Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Windy and much colder. High: 32, low: 24.
Here are the 4 best stories in Port Jefferson today:
- Belle Terre resident Stan Loucks served on the board six years ago and was re-elected last summer for another term. Loucks has been involved in various aspects of the Village of Port Jefferson and in his role he is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Recreation Department and the Country Club, including the management of all programs, beaches, parks and the operation of the village center. . (TBRNews)
- Time for Port Jefferson Residents to Renew / Get 2022 Park Permit. If your permit has expired or you are a new resident of Port Jeff, the park permit is important to avoid citations. Click on the link to go to the online form to start the online process. (Village of Port Jefferson)
- The Village of Belle Terre announced the next meeting of the board of directors. The event will take place on Tuesday, January 18 at 8 p.m. The meeting will take place in person at the community center. Due to the NY interior mandate, wearing a mask is mandatory. (Belle Terre Village)
- News nearby: Stony Brook Hospital Changes Visiting Policy Due To COVID-19. The new policy went into effect Tuesday at Stony Brook University, SB Southampton and SB Eastern LI Hospitals. Visitors are not allowed in the emergency department at SB Southampton Hospital. Click on the link to access the new guidelines. (Room)
today Port Jefferson Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Port Jefferson Fire Department: “Just after midnight, Port Jefferson firefighters responded to a motor vehicle crash at the corner of Myrtle Ave and Belle Terre Rd. The impact caused a small fire in the engine compartment which was handled by Engine 2 , while the vehicle was secured by Rescue 7. The driver was treated and transported to the local hospital by Port Jefferson EMS. In 2021, PJFD responded to 471 alarms. We are proud to serve the village of Port Jefferson for 135 years. (Facebook)
- Terryville Fire Department – NY: “The Terryville Fire Department ended the year with 4,180 alarms. Good year ! (Facebook)
- Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce: “I wish you all a healthy and prosperous New Year.” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- No homework on Tuesday – Comsewogue school district. (January 4)
- Take do: Snowman Cake Pops (Comsewogue). (January 5)
- IN LINE Helping children cope and thrive during Covid-19 (Comsewogue). (January 5)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Port Jefferson Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are all caught up for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.