Get up and over to them, Patchogue! Let’s start this Thursday. Here are the most important things happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
A little sun, then clouds. High: 40, low: 30.
Here are the top 4 Patchogue stories today:
- Features of the Patchogue Theater for the Performing Arts “Comedy series “Jokes on Main”. Among other comedians, the show will feature Michael Somerville, who starred in The Late Show with David Letterman and Motts Pelazza, who has performed on the field at comedy clubs and theaters across the country for over 35 years. Tickets are available at the theater window or click on the link to purchase it online. (Patchogue Theater)
- The village of Patchogue continues to host board meetings in person. The village hall is open to the public during all board meetings. The next meeting will take place on January 11 at 7 p.m. at the village hall located at 14 Baker Street Patchogue. Unvaccinated participants will be required to wear a mask per NYS COVID guidelines and all participants are encouraged to follow their recommendations. (Patchougues village)
- Patchogue-Medford Public Library offers citizenship courses. For anyone preparing for U.S. citizenship, the library offers free courses to help you prepare for the U.S. naturalization test. Classes are available Thursdays, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Register online or call: 631-654-4700 x152. (Patchogue Public Library)
- News nearby: More Long Island schools are switching to distance learning. Long Beach, Lynbrook and Baldwin walked away after COVID-19 cases confirmed among students and teachers.
On Tuesday, January 4, schools in Glen Cove and Brentwood began discussing a plan to move to distance education, with more districts potentially following suit as authorities monitor the spread of the virus. (Daily voice)
today Patchogue Daily is offered to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Patchogue-Medford school district: “Inside the classroom: Students in Ms. Cunningham’s photography class at Pat-Med High School collaborated in a photoshoot while learning studio lighting.” (Facebook)
- Holy Angels Regional School – Patchogue: “Kindergarten and Kindergarten artists enjoyed making their own color wheel using items they found in their homes. Mrs. Rahner also had fun! ” (Facebook)
- Patchogue-Medford Community and Youth Services: “Thanks to our friends at LIV & N (Long Island Veterans and Neighbors).” (Facebook)
- Next door neighbor, Lower East Patchogue: “I called AAA to start my battery around 7pm last night. Everything was fine (I had left my lights on after driving home in the fast but heavy afternoon snow shower). ” (The door next door)
- Next door neighbor, Lower East Patchogue: “Someone went to Lidl recently. – My wife gave me a shopping list of 4 items, grated carrots, canned pineapple, soy sauce and Saucy Susan. I went to Lidl’s without expecting them to have Saucy Susan. ” (The door next door)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Do you like patchogue on a daily basis? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially in the loop for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
– Debora Whitehead
About Me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and home teacher mother from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and enjoys teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work with “Ministry Mariposa”, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ, and when she isn’t parenting, teaching, or reading, she is writing. One of her favorite quotes is: “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.